Well yesterday I had two culinary experiments, one tasted great but didn't turn out (peanut butter cups- my chocolate never set) and one that turned out great- TORTILLAS! Yay!
They are super easy to make but they do take a bit of time- which is great if your kids like to cook- Canon loves to be in the kitchen with me so this was a great project :)
Whole Grain Tortillas
* I doubled this so that I would have enough tortillas for a couple of days- next time I will probably quadruple and freeze.
- 3 cups of flour- you can use any combination you want- I used 2 cups whole wheat, 1/2 cup oat flour, and 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/4 cup of oil or fat- I used canola but any would be fine- coconut oil, butter, etc.
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- a dash of sriracha
- a bit of canola oil- about a tbs or two
- In a blender or food processor add the drained chickpeas, lemon juice, sriracha, 1-2 tbs canola oil and flaxseed
- Add about a third of the liquid from the beans and blend- I used my blender on the puree setting
- Add more liquid until you get the consistency you like.
We topped ours with some Franks Red Hot- so good!
*$* To save even more money I buy block cheese and grate myself.