Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mom, I'm Hungry and an Easy and Delicious Waffle Recipe



As a busy mom of a very hungry four year old whose favorite words are "Mom, I'm hungry" and an attention craving 7 month old, I am always looking for healthy, filling, fast and easy ways to fill the bottomless pit that is Canons stomach. Waffles are a breakfast favorite around here but I had yet to find a "go to" waffle recipe, until this morning!
I make almost all of our food from scratch for health and financial reasons, plus I like to have time in the kitchen with my boys, there is something special about cooking and dancing around the kitchen together.


Canon in the kitchen


So here's the recipe...

The Very Best, Easy, Somewhat Healthy Waffle Recipe

2 c. flour- I use a mix of 1 1/2 c. whole wheat and 1/2 c. unbleached flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt

mix the above ingredients, then add;

2 cups of yogurt- I used organic low fat vanilla
2 tbs. ground flax seed mixed with 6 tbs. warm water- let rest until slightly thickened, about a minute or two
a splash of pure vanilla- I used about a tsp.

Stir all the ingredients until combined and prepare in your waffle iron- I spray mine to make sure it doesn't stick.

YUM!

Hope you enjoy this recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment